The fifth Panel & Engineered Lumber International Conference & Expo (PELICE) is one month away, and in addition to a range of presentations on new technologies and new mill projects in North America, the event has a heavy international flavor to its agenda.
PELICE will be held April 7-8 at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. It is hosted by Panel World magazine and Georgia Research Institute.
Two of the event sessions are entitled “International Developments,” and “China Transitions to a New Paradigm.”
The International Developments segment will feature:
• Engineered Wood Trends in Europe—Heikki Vidgren, Principal, Pöyry Management Consulting
• North American Plywood and Veneer Based Industry: The Reinvention Continues—Dr. Richard Baldwin, Managing Partner, Oak Creek Investments
• Engineered Strand Lumber—Challenges and Opportunities—Dr. W. Ernest Hsu, Principal, Hsu Consulting
• New Trends in the Development of Wood and Natural Fiber Based Products—Dr. Bohumil Kasil, Director, Fraunhofer Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institute
• Status and Problems of the Panel Products Industries of the Philippines—Romulo Aggangan, Director, Forest Products Research and Development Institute, Philippines
China Transitions to a New Paradigm will include:
• China Is a Global Opportunity—Dr. Fred Kurpiel, President Georgia Research Institute
• Long Road to Quality—Dr. Hui Wan, Associate Professor, Forest Composite Products, Mississippi State University
• Market Demands: Engineered Strand Products and Applications—Dr. W. Ernest Hsu, Principal, Hsu Consulting
• China: Product Developments and Innovations—Colin Folco, Key Account Manager, Dieffenbacher, USA
In addition to these subjects, PELICE session titles include: Production Technologies; Adhesives Issues & Performance; Operations Planning; Heat Energy & Emissions Issues & Technologies; Environmental Issues & Technologies; Safety Issues & Technologies; QC & Optimization.
PELICE will also feature 78 exhibitor sponsors in the Grand Ballroom North of the Omni Hotel.
Ready to register? Click here to register today!